July 11, 2017 Topic: Top Ten Books I’d Want On A Deserted Island!
The gals over at the Broke and the Bookish are taking the summer off, but I figured I would use the time to post on a TTT topic I haven’t done yet. Besides, who hasn’t thought about the books they’d want on a deserted island? And since I probably couldn’t bring my Kindle and all the books on it, cause you know battery life… here are my picks.
Top Ten Books I’d Want On A Deserted Island!
- The Bible – for the encouragement and hope.
- SAS Survival Handbook – for the practical advice.
- Foraging – seems smart to have a book like this with you on a deserted island.
- War and Peace – because it’s been on my TBR forever and this is pretty much the only way it’s going to get read.
- Where the Sidewalk Ends – cause I’d need a poetry book, but not one that took itself too serious.
- Celebration of Discipline – because I would have time on my hands, and this would help fill it.
- The Allan Quatermain Series – for the entertainment.
- The Great Library Book Series – also for entertainment and because it’s a series I’ve been meaning to read.
- National Geographic People of the World – so I wouldn’t feel so alone, or so that I could at least remember what other people looked like.
- The Potpourrific Great Big Grab Bag of Get Fuzzy – for the laughs.
That’s my list. Did I miss anything obvious? (I purposely didn’t put the Complete Shakespeare on this list because I’ve already read so much by him and I think I’d want to read new material. Also no complete Jane Austin because frankly she’s not my style.)