July 10, 2018: Best Books I’ve Read In 2018 (So Far)
Seeing as we’re halfway through the year this seems like the appropriate place to check it. I haven’t read as much as I hope to by this time in the year, but I have read some amazing books.
Best of 2018 (so far):
- Fourth Talisman Books by Kat Ross – listing them each individually wouldn’t be fair since I’ve read 3 this year. Read my reviews of Nocturne, Solis and Monstrum.
- Clod Makes a Friend – a fantastic fun middle grade read, that I cannot praise enough. My review.
- Tales of the Not Forgotten – I haven’t written a review of this yet, but it’s a great missionary story book. I read it (almost) in a single sitting and my Grandmother liked it so much she’s already read it twice.
- The Pink Umbrella – A truly lovely children’s picture book. The illustrations are beautiful and the story is very sweet. See my review.
- Cinder – Review coming soon! I finally bit the bullet and picked up Cinder and it was everything I hoped it would be.
- Roar – Guys I had to wait months for the paperback version, so I know most of the other book bloggers I follow have already read this book. It was amazing, and that last line, gah! It leaves me wanting more.
- Ready Player One – Read this one so that we could go see the movie, but then we were so busy when the movie came out we missed it at out local theater.
- Unwind – No review yet, but I am planning to review it. I’m still trying to get my head around all the concepts in the book.
- Forbidden – I really need to get the next book, because the story feels like it just got started and then the book ended.
- Numbers Game – I read the prequel last year as part of the Shattered Worlds boxed set and enjoyed it. A fun YA dystopian read.
Those are my top ten books of 2018. What been the best book you’ve read this year? Let me know in the comments.