You box me in your 9to5 world
Close the lid, seal it tight
You wonder why I’m so tired
Maybe it’s because I’m bored.
The air in here is stale
The food makes me pale.
Please let me out while I can still see
The pressure is blinding me.
Routine is your altar and deadlines your god.
I shake my fist at the paper sky
Escape through a loop hole in your suit and tie.
By Aileen Erin
Publisher: Ink Monster, LLC
Publication Date: March 19, 2019
Genre: Sci-fi Romance
From USA Today Bestselling Author Aileen Erin
In an all-too-plausible future where corporate conglomerates have left the world’s governments in shambles, anyone with means has left the polluted Earth for the promise of a better life on a SpaceTech owned colony among the stars.
Maité Martinez is the daughter of an Earther Latina and a powerful Aunare man, an alien race that SpaceTech sees as a threat to their dominion. When tensions turn violent, Maité finds herself trapped on Earth and forced into hiding.
For over ten years, Maité has stayed hidden, but every minute Maité stays on Earth is one closer to getting caught.
She’s lived on the streets. Gone hungry. And found a way to fight through it all. But one night, while waitressing in a greasy diner, a customer gets handsy with her. She reacts without thinking.
Covered in blood, Maité runs, but it’s not long before SpaceTech finds her…
Arrested and forced into dangerous work detail on a volcano planet, Maité waits for SpaceTech to make their move against the Aunare. She knows that if she can’t somehow find a way to stop them, there will be an interstellar war big enough to end all life in the universe.
There’s only one question: Can Maité prevent the total annihilation of humanity without getting herself killed in the process?
Amazon | iBooks | B&N | Kobo | Google Play
Audio Book: Audible | Kobo | Libro
a Rafflecopter giveaway
March 26, 2019: Audio Freebie (Any audio goes: audiobooks, music, podcasts, you name it.)
My taste in music is ALL over the board. It took me years to figure out why I liked so many different songs from so many different genres and never really very many full albums. I have come to see that my tastes land heavily in Arena Rock. Arena Rock is the sing-out-loud, pump your fists, foot stomping and powerful music that bands like Bon Jovi, Aerosmith and Def Leppard play. But a lot of other bands have Arena Rock songs in their albums.
Below I’ve created a spotify playlist of favorite songs from the top ten bands I love. You’ll quickly see how crazy my musical tastes are. 😜
Side note: I also love sounds tracks, that could be it’s own top ten list.
Top Ten Bands I Love:
- Geoff Moore & The Distance – A Christian Pop Rock band from the 1990’s, they went a lot harder on the threads album and the first song is probably my favorite cover of all time.
- Petra – When I was a teen Petra was my absolute favorite, and in concert these guys totally blew the roof off! Every once in a while I’ll put a Petra CD in and remember once again just how awesome of a voice John Schlitt’s has.
- Bon Jovi – I can listen to these classic rockers all day and night, one of the few bands I can say that about.
- AC/DC – Watching these guys in concert is pretty much the epitome of Arena Rock, although I’ve never been to one of their concerts live. But look them up on YouTube and just see how much energy they put into a live performance.
- Metallica – Metallica is one of the all time greats. I love them for their music and their lyrics. Songs like King Nothing and Fuel are two prefect examples of why I keep coming back to Metallica.
- Collective Soul – We saw these guys in concert a few years ago and boy they still rock. It was one of the more enjoyable concerts I’ve been to in a while. (Admittedly, I don’t like crowds so I don’t go to a lot of concerts any more.)
- Audio Adrenaline – For years I saw them every time they were in NM. I even once flew down from Oregon to see them, which sounds absolutely crazy to me now. They are a really fun band, and I wish more Christian music was like Audio A.
- Queensryche – These guys had to grow on me. Obviously Empire is a classic album, but Operation Mindcrime is just as good. I’m a lyrics person and Queensryce is lyric rich.
- Heart – Girls that rock! And rock hard. Growing up I loved them and it’s not faded with time. Listening to them now is just as enjoyable if not more.
Journey – Another band that’s lyric rich and rocking. Journey actually has several songs that are like personal milestones for me, so there are times when listening to them is like taking a trip back in time.
I’m having trouble getting the embed for Spotify to work. Hopefully you can see it below, if not you can click here to go to the playlist.
I hope you enjoyed that. It might be the only time those songs have all been on a list together. What’s your favorite music genre? I’d love to know, so leave me a comment below.