I’ve been posting a featured book everyday this month over on Twitter, but I’ve saved some of my favorites for this post. These are 10 of the Best Pictures Books ever written and I think that every Children’s Book collection should include all 10. Because of I think everyone should have all 10 they are not listed in any particular order.
10 Best Picture Books
- Make Way for Ducklings – January 1, 1941 by Robert McCloskey
2. Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! – January 1, 2003 by Mo Willems
3. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie – October 6, 2015 by Laura Numeroff (Author), Felicia Bond (Illustrator)
4. Llama Llama Red Pajama – January 1, 2005 by Anna Dewdney
5. Put Me in the Zoo – August 12, 1960 by Robert Lopshire
7. Corduroy – March 11, 1968 by Don Freeman
8. The Very Hungry Caterpillar – March 23, 1994
by Eric Carle
9. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom – August 1, 2000
by Bill Martin Jr. (Author), John Archambault (Author), Lois Ehlert (Illustrator)
10. Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel – October 12, 1977
by Virginia Lee Burton
Of course, these are only 10 picture books to get you started. There are thousands of wonderful, colorful, delightful pictures books out there. That’s why I’ve been featuring more of them throughout the month on Twitter: check out all my #PBmonth tweets here. If you started with these 10 (well in truth I snuck a bonus book in there, so 11) books in a children’s book collection you’d be doing pretty good.
What are some books you would suggest adding to this list? Do you have any favorite picture books? Let me know in the comments. 💖